Sunday, October 3, 2010

CHERISH D'ANGELO - Top Ten Great Things about Being an Author in Today's Publishing World



1) I can finally get these voices and stories out of my head. Yes, I hear voices. Yes, I feel slightly schizophrenic at times. I can't control when a story idea comes blasting through my cerebral cortex. I see fictitious people.

2) Microsoft Word, Grammar check and Spellcheck are my three best friends.

3) I'm self-employed and self-motivated. Good thing my self likes to work.

4) I can take my work with me on holidays, all thanks to the invention of the laptop.

5) I meet such awesome people at writers' conventions. Other writers, publishers, agents, booksellers. Conventions are a potpourri of all things 'book'.

6) I meet such awesome people at book signings. Readers are so diverse and so interesting, and I am always pleased to meet people who are on the reading end. I want to know what they like, what they want.

7.    

      7) I can publish my own books as ebooks. I don't need a publisher to do this. No more wasting time waiting. I'm not getting any younger.

      8) The publishing world is evolving at warp speed and the future of writers is exciting. It's far easier to self-publish than ever before and much more acceptable. Like the Berlin Wall's demise, we have broken through the barrier that once held authors back. We don't have to wait.

      9)I get to give my books away and do Random Acts of Divineness. See my posts during my tour to find out more about RAD.

       10) I can go to work in my home office in my pajamas (which Spellcheck insists is pyjamas) and take breaks when I want to. I'm in my Winnie the Pooh jammies now. Oh sorry, did I blow your image of a romance author writing in a flowing pink negligee and satin robe?

 

~Cherish D'Angelo

 

Lancelot's Lady ~ A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

 

Lancelot's Lady is available in ebook edition at KoboBooks, Amazon's Kindle Store, Smashwords and other ebook retailers. Help me celebrate by picking up a copy today and "Cherish the romance..."

 

You can learn more about Lancelot's Lady and Cherish D'Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at http://www.cherylktardif.com and http://www.cherylktardif.blogspot.com. Follow Cherish from September 27 to October 10 on her Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour and win prizes.

 

Authors: what are some other great things about being an author? Readers: what are some great things about reading?

 

Leave a comment here, with email address, to be entered into the prize draws. You're guaranteed to receive at least 1 free ebook just for doing so. Plus you'll be entered to win a Kobo ereader. Winners will be announced after October 10th.

6 comments:

  1. It's a great time to be alive. :) And an author, of course.

    jmfictionscribe@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post, Cherish. Thanks for coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jaime and Clara! :-) Jaime, you're very right!!

    Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am running late!!! I am a day behind, but still stalking!!! lol

    sarahcoulsey03 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    LOL i like your list.

    I too would be so lost without the handy dandy tools - grammar check and spell check.

    Pam S
    pams00 @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. “I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”.

    ReplyDelete