Sunday, October 10, 2010

Review: Stone and Earth by Cindy Spencer Pape


Damien St. Pierre enters Philadelphia on a mission. But despite his very best intentions of finding the all-important heirloom of his gargoyle clan, he can't help but be distracted by his intriguing new landlady, Katie Calhoun. 


This story sure packed a punch! It began with a bang as the chemistry between Katie and Damien sizzled and sparked—and it didn't let up until the end of this short story. I only wish it could have been longer. Stone and Earth demanded that I continue reading from the beginning to the very end, but by the time I was done, I was calling out for more! What could Cindy have done with just a little more space? I guess I'll have to find out in the next installments.


In this book, Cindy sets the groundwork for a complex and engaging new world. One sure to be filled with characters just as intriguing as gargoyle Damien St. Pierre and his witch mate. I, for one, can't wait to read more!


It was, in a word:


Fast-Paced. 


Interested in reading the chemistry between Katie and Damien for yourself? Visit Cindy Spencer Pape at her website or by the book here. Join me on Tuesday for my review of the second book in the series, Stone and Sea!


Clara.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Clara! I'd originally intended to make them all quickies, but discovered I needed more space so the others are longer.

    Interestingly, I won the "Wings and Tails, Oh, My!" award for this series last night at Romanticon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Cindy! That's fantastic news. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
    not seeing very good gains. If you know of any
    please share. Thank you!

    my web page ... Dragon City Cheat Engine

    ReplyDelete