Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

Want in on the hop? Click here.


As I was browsing the internet, I noticed there's a HOP going on! Since I love paranormal romance books, let's see how many different sites I can hit! 


Now, in order to enter, I have to answer the question, which is: Do you use a rating system for reviewing your books? If so, what is it and why?


Now, if you've browsed this site, you know that I review paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction romance. And you also know that no, I don't use a rating system. 


Why? Because I find that by thinking of something on a scale, I limit myself. There's always going to be something that blows my scale right out of the water. So instead, I prefer to think of each book on its own, and tell the reader what I thought was good (or bad) about it. 


That being said, I'm off on my blog adventure!


Clara.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my place. I like your place too and I'm now a follower. I like how you review a book by its own and not give it a rating.

    I always hated doing that and I hate that part on Goodreads because some books deserve more than five and some deserve like half a star.

    Looking forward to following you. Wow, did that sound stalkerish or what? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slightly stalkerish, but ah, such is the internet! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I now a new follower
    Have a good weekend!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I'm a big fan of paranormal romance as well, so I'm glad to be a new follower of yours. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny and Laurie for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for coming by my site and joining the mental ward! I'm following you now too! LOVE your post on Preditors and Editors! Wish I had known about them before my first book was published! I fell in with the worst of them. I found my new publisher for my next three books on Preditors and Editors and they have been a DREAM!! Truly amazing people! I tell EVERY writer I meet about this site! So much good information on it!! Good luck with all of your authoring as well!
    Smiles!
    http://thedelusionaldiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMW- Sorry to hear you fell in with a bad egg -- thankfully you've found one of the good ones since!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clara, I am strictly a blogger and have never really gotten in to fiction writing. To me its creative process is so mysterious. I do like your academic posts on origins and such. I also find that fascinating. I have been known to write a lot about Vampire body fluids or their origins. I don't use a regular rating system but will sometimes rate to make a point. Hope you will stop by and follow, enter my current contest. Best of luck with your work.

    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome details, many thanks to the writer. It is incomprehensive to me now, but in common, the effectiveness and importance is frustrating. Thanks again and fantastic luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going to be original, but your blog is so good that we can't say anything other than THANK YOU!

    voyance privée en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete