Sunday, July 4, 2010

Witches: Introduction

Diving back into my series about mythical creatures, in the next two weeks I will be covering witches and witchcraft. 


To start, I will be dividing this subject into three parts:


1) Witchcraft in fiction. Or, in other words, what you can do with it if you aren't trying to maintain a certain realism to that aspect of the story. 

2) Natural witchcraft. By this, I mean the sort of witches you might find at a psychic fair. In this post I will be covering clairvoyence, ESP, tarot cards, astrology and other forms of magic realism. 

3) Existing witchcraft. In this post, I will outline the forms of witchcraft known to the modern world. I'm talking Wicca, Voodoo, Hoodoo, Shamanism, etc. 

4) And to sum it all up, a post to help you create a good magic scheme for your book. 


Happy Independence Day to all of my American readers!


Clara.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. I really like this article. It contains a lot of useful information. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all.

    ReplyDelete