Sunday, January 9, 2011

Angels and Demons, Part 7: Lucifer

The biggest bad of them all is Lucifer. Ahriman, in Zoroastrianism.  Called other things in other religions. He is the baddest of the bad, the head honcho, the Devil himself. 


But what if you want to use him in a novel?


It's more or less a given that the big bad is BAD. Can he be reformed? I encourage you to try, but while his underlings can be, I personally wouldn't mess with his malicious nature. I don't think I've ever read a romance where Lucifer was the hero. The bad guy? Certainly. Maybe one of his underlings or even his son or daughter was reformed. But not him.


Why is he untouchable? Because there always needs to be a big bad in Hell. If not, the whole order of nature disintegrates. How are you supposed to measure evil when the stick you normally measure it against has suddenly become softhearted? While I have seen him front and centre in some books -- in Christine Warren's short story,  Devil's Bargain, for instance -- his starring role has been limited to antagonist or overlord, never good guy. 


Resources:

-Lucifer: The Wikipedia page

-The  Fallen archangel: Lucifer


Now that I've come to the conclusion of my Angels and Demons miniseries, I'm going to talk to you about my own writing! Check back in the next couple weeks to read three free reads and choose which series you'd most enjoy reading! 


Clara.

3 comments:

  1. My congratulations for your site! It helped me a lot and enjoyed , especially that all your shares are interesting. Long life to your site. Above all, never give up ; your blog is really great!

    voyance par mail ; voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have a great blog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A chaque nouvel article, toujours autant de choses intéressantes à découvrir et normalement à mettre en pratique.
    voyance gratuite serieuse rapide

    ReplyDelete