Sunday, May 30, 2010

GINA GORDON: My Wicked Ride to Publishing

My journey to being published has been paved with dirty talk, sex and an overwhelming use of the word “thrust.” To put it in plainly, wicked.

As a child, I never would have guessed that my journey would lead me to the world of erotic romance. Writing happily ever afters, yes. Writing happily ever afters in between sweaty sheets, never.  

Friends and family ask how? How do you come up with the words on the page? How are you able to write sex scenes? In my opinion the desire to write, the need to put the words on the page is something that you are born with. But to be good at it takes time, practice and patience. Oh, and maybe a twisted imagination.

Every day I exercise my brain creating new characters and stories. I try to think outside the box and push my own limits, teetering on the thin line of what is considered acceptable sexual behaviour. For me, that’s what being a writer is all about, pushing myself to create and try new things. In the end, it always leads to the same conclusion. My characters always have a good time!

I often say that writing erotic romance is meant to be and that my choice to seriously pursue my dream at this specific time in my life wasn’t a coincidence. Will my journey always be wicked? I don’t know but I do know that I am having a blast.

Gina Gordon is an erotica and romance writer living in Ontario, Canada. To learn more about Gina and her newest release, Wicked Ride, visit her website at http://www.ginagordon.net

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you for tips and advices.Really it useful .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for the first time that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Bravo!

    voyance en ligne Email

    ReplyDelete