Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Rain by Kevin Hosey


When Kyle retreats to a mountainside cabin after the failure of his marriage, he meets an intoxicating woman -- but she only comes out when it rains. 


While this tenth story in the Paramourtal anthology evokes a somber mood from the beginning, with the onset of Kyle's irritability, it seemed stretched. The story seemed to drag for me at parts, though the beginning swept me away. Kevin Hosey certainly did a good job of evoking Kyle's black mood, though the hero was a bit too bitter for my tastes. In fact, the entire story (even the romance) was tinged with bitterness. Even the end.


In a word, this story was


Bitter. 


Find Paramourtal here. Join me on Sunday as I sit down for an interview with L. K. Below, author of His Familiar Touch!


Clara.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

    ReplyDelete